Depth and spatial resolution

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jill
    • New User

Hi,

I’m wondering what the depth and spatial resolution of the camera I have taken my fluorescent images with are. I do not have the 3D attachment and this information would greatly benefit my research.

Many thanks,
    Jill

jill
    • New User

(the images were taken at x60 magnification)

CytoViva-Elyse

Hi Jill!

I believe you have the QI695 optical camera. This is the cube-shaped black camera with “CytoViva” on the front.

In the Ocular software, the Readout should tell you the Digitization Rate and Output (16-bit). The pixel size of the camera is 4.54 um, therefore at 60x your resolution is 75.7 nm. You can calculate this at any magnification by dividing the camera pixel size by the magnification.

Elyse

jill
      • New User

Hi Elyse,

Thanks for the reply. I actually want information about the point spread function of the system. So I need the resolution in the plane of the image and through the plane of the image (how thick the region I’m investigating is). Do you know what the PSF of the camera is?

Many thanks,
      Jill

CytoViva-Jamie

Jill,
        Hello,this is Jamie Uertz with CytoViva. Are you wondering what the PSF is for your particular fluorophore? The camera itself has no PSF.
        Thank You,
        Jamie

jillg
        • New User

Hi Jamie,

I need to know the “depth of focus” and “point spread function” of the dark field component of the system. Do you have this information available?

Many thanks,
        Jill

CytoViva-Jamie

Jill,
          The system itself does not have a PSF so to speak. The depth of focus depends on your magnification. Are you wanting to know the total distance a particular objective can focus?
          Please e-mail me @ jamie.uertz@cytoviva.com with the details of what you you are trying to do with the 3D system.
          Thanks!
          Jamie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.