CytoViva User Forum – Forum Use Guidelines
The goal of the CytoViva User Forum is to promote support to both existing and potential customers and to encourage the collaboration of users in supporting one another. This is an open forum established by CytoViva, Inc. for the discussion of microscopy related topics. This forum is supported and moderated by CytoViva, Inc.
The forum guidelines for posting are important and should be adhered to. CytoViva, Inc. encourages contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. CytoViva, Inc. and its moderators will take appropriate steps to ensure discussions adhere to these guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post that you have read, you can alert our moderators via private message in the forum, email at email@example.com, or phone at 1.888.737.3130. Be respectful, as all contact with other users through the forum is subject to these Forum Use Guidelines and the Terms and Conditions.
Forum moderators will assist with focusing topics of discussion and will gently enforce guidelines, as needed. Moderators can edit/delete posts, move, close or delete topics, and temporarily moderate users’ posts.
Discussion forums are moderated to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending participants. Please understand that we are not attempting to censor any messages or opinions.
1. Forum courtesy: Please treat CytoViva User Forum members and guests in these forums with courtesy and respect. Whether a member has one post or 5,000 posts, everyone should be treated respectfully.
2. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. All forum posts must conform to a professional standard and contributors must act accordingly. It is not appropriate to replace characters in a profane word to elude the built-in censoring filter, or forum moderation.
3. Personal attacks and inflammatory or antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to post opposing points of view please do so professionally and constructively. Generalized, vicious or veiled attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated. Violations will result in the offending post being removed and if deemed appropriate by moderators the user account being suspended.
4. Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock-puppet account is created and used by a person who already has a primary account, for the purpose of posting anonymously. Posts from known sock puppet accounts may be deleted, and both the sock-puppet and primary accounts may be suspended from the CytoViva User Forum. Please use your real, primary account for posting in the CytoViva User Forum.
5. Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should stay on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should start a new topic for new discussions which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be redirected, closed or moderated by a moderator. Deliberate disruption or derailing of topics is not appropriate. However, our moderators allow for natural progressions of topics.
6. Private discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, we ask that you please use the Private Message feature that is provided through the CytoViva User Forum. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community. Reminder: All contact with other community members through the CytoViva User Forum, including Private Messaging, is subject to the Terms and Conditions.
7. Spam: Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spamming and may result in a restriction on future forum posting privileges. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.
8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is CytoViva, Inc.’s desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the discussion of microscopy related topics. We intend to limit forum discussions that promote commercial, social, political or charitable agendas as well as those which do not reasonably relate to the activity of microscopy.
Threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, CytoViva, Inc. reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, at its sole discretion.
9. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted in the CytoViva User Forum.
10. Personal classified advertising is not permitted in the CytoViva User Forum.
11. Any messages and content which you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion forum is online; please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. An exception is if the post does not meet forum guidelines and is moderated. Moderated posts may be removed or edited by moderators. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.
12. If someone has posted copyrighted material or otherwise illegal material, please notify our moderators via private message in the form, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 1.888.737.3130 so that we may take appropriate action.
13. Abuse of this forum will not be tolerated.
Contact Us: We can be contacted directly by email at email@example.com or phone at 1.888.737.3130.
Additional Terms: The CytoViva User Forum is further governed by the Terms and Conditions, the terms of which are hereby incorporated into these guidelines by reference.